Saturday, December 17, 2005

watching rain ...
051218, one day in my life; the 1st day of my photoblog.
Took up photography in April 2005 when I got a little photo machine, the Fuji F10; quite to my surprise, what started off as a leisure time hobby has evolved very soon into an important part of my life.
Taking photos is gratifying when it succeeds in capturing the moments my eyes see something and my heart feels it too; letting everybody else see what I've seen and felt is such a joyous and memorable experience that I've decided to start this photoblog...
Let me start with the favourite photo of mine. I took the shot on a rainy day this summer as I was "trapped" in Central, HK. This was in fact a busy covered footbridge linking up two commercial complexes. I'm glad to be decisive enough to take the shot - the scene was gone in just a few minutes ...
Posted on the FTF (Fuji Talk Forum) of dpreview 050617:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lux said...

Pure poetry.
Love it.
(Clara)

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great look, Hugo - really fantastic.

I will go out on a limb to post two objections, however:

1. Getting to your 'post of the day' on any of these second party sites is always awkward. Leaving a comment almost always requires some kind of authentication. It removes the feel of being within the community.

2. I challenge your insistence that you are not a photographer. You not only are a photographer - you are a gifted one.

...I hate to rain or your new presence - you have obviously put a good deal of time and creative effort here. I wouldn't want to see you change the blog - it is beautiful. But, it comes at a cost that we all should be aware of.

I'll now type in the verification code, and register my user name and password...

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Caveman Lee said...

Hugo,

You look great and your photos are always inspiring and entertaining.

Caveman

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home