Tuesday, October 16, 2007

an unexpected encounter

PROLOGUE – the hustle & bustle of Wanchai... a Friday evening, just as usual, people on the street were in a hurry, and I finally had had the time to do some shooting after working intensively for the entire week. I was not aware and these people didn't seem to care, but something was going on not far away elsewhere...
STUMBLING upon a mass rally for an HK Chief Executive Election candidate and a protest against him. I was trapped in the mid between the protesters and the police. For the first time, I got so close to these familiar faces of protesters whom I had only seen on TV before. For the first time, I was as free as a newspaper reporter to photograph policemen and policewomen. For the first time, I took some street pics with ISO 3200...











RETREAT – after squeezing through the crowds, I returned to the office building where I work, taking some overview pics of the mass rally through a dirty window in the corridor...




EPILOGUE – while I was still feeling excited about the unforgettable experience, the police and protesters might be feeling complacent that once again they had got their job done. As for this old fellow, he might have seen too many of these...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home