Friday, March 07, 2008

watching the world go by ...








windy or sunny, hot or cold, he'd always be there, outside his little shop watching the world go by... What he thought about while he sat inside his aged plastic chair, it was difficult to tell - of the good old days, or of the funny things happening lately; of the nearby old buildings being torn down one by one, or of the escalating house prices and rentals; of his wife who preferred staying inside, or of his granddaughter who's like the young girl walking by... But the look of his far-gazing eyes and his gesture were declaring: 'I'll hold on.'


PS. Click to enlarge.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ian Bramham said...

The photos and your text seem tinged by sadness, although this may be my own state of mind after taking some photos yesterday of a very run down and desperately poor seaside town in the North of England.....I knew that it would make me feel bad yet somehow I felt compelled to take pictures of things that I would normally avoid and turn away from.

I find that using a camera so intensely over the last year has stripped away that protective armour that I had accumulated as an adult over my emotions and I now feel things more vividly both good and bad....the highs are very high and the lows very low.

5:35 AM  
Blogger danny_fpp said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:30 AM  
Blogger danny_fpp said...

I like the colors of the first one and the way the old man looking up - asking the heaven? Or see if it is going to rain?

BLOG is fun, I wish I can make one of my own in the near future.

9:36 AM  
Blogger hugo poon said...

Thanks for stopping by my friends!

Ian: This explains why your pics are so good, may I repeat myself - you're shooting from your heart!!!

Danny: Yes, start your own blog... it'll be alot more fun than joining the empty talks (and disputes) of some forum.

Have a happy weekend!:-)

Hugo

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home