Monday, April 28, 2008

peel street ...

to some, it's one of the last remaining "street markets" in HK, and to others, it's where they just come for foods whether it be traditional or trendy; to some, it's a fascinating mix of cultures but to others, it's the invasion of the old way of living by some pretentious bourgeois... To me, it's a street I have to pass by at least once a week but never seem to be able finishing photographing.:-)


viewing from Caine Road

"I'll hold on... "


street life


"bbq meat, gallery and boutique"


gallery and the Centre


the Centre


the Centre


"bourgeois flavour"


the shrine

(click the image to enlarge & view exif info.)

... more can be seen here:


4 Comments:

Blogger iSmith said...

Hi Hugo, as much as you cannot stop photographing this street - I cannot stop enjoying this ever growing image archive of history you continue to provide.

So, how is that book of yours coming along? It must me a few inches thick by now ;o)

Ian

5:50 AM  
Blogger hugo poon said...

Thanks Ian!:-)

I really hope we can prowl this street together one day... I'm sure you'll remember the long "Red Lanterns" post: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1012&message=16466833
That's probably how I fell in love with photographing this street... Oh, my book? What a shame! Haven't had a clue how to get started. Maybe you can throw me some light next time you visit HK.:-)

Take care,
Hugo

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the kind of great photo that you've made your own Hugo and I'll always love these.

The human touch and those divine colours...

The photo that I referred to the other day over at DPR was this one http://i.pbase.com/t3/63/546263/4/94454555.YLQT8b4i.jpg Fantastic!

(PS - I'm almost certain that you'll have seen all these Bresson photos but just in case here's a link I thought you may like: http://e-photobooks.com/cartier-bresson/decisive-moment.html )

2:52 PM  
Blogger hugo poon said...

Ian,

My heartfelt thanks for the link!!! It's such a wonderful experience to view all these masterpieces again. As I was scrolling I was wishing it would not come to an end...

I truly believe that anyone with a passion for photography would benefit from studying not only HCB's pictures but also his own words!

Thanks again for the words of encouragement. They mean alot to me.

Have a great weekend!

Hugo

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home