Sunday, December 14, 2008

shanghai trip 2008

... weather wasn't good at all and my schedule pretty tight, yet I found the life around so vivid and the environment (especially the "harmonious contrast" between old and new) so exciting that I couldn't help taking as many shots as possible... I somehow felt like a child looking at a new world for the first time.:-)

arriving in bad weather

old shanghai and a new german car flying by...


old shanghai... a relaxing saturday afternoon


old shanghai... a back alley


"urban regeneration..." Glad to find that not everyone passing by was indifferent

new shanghai... the two tenors

"worship" of some kind...

new shanghai... bank buildings


"streamlined..."

Posted on the FTF 081212:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hugo,

Impressive images as always, your street shots are so natural it is as if you are invisible to those around you.

I was in Shanghai for a long weekend earlier this year and I found myself mostly drawn toward the older building/scenes:
http://www.sam.tron09.com/2008/06/17/quick-tour-of-shanghai/

Is that the airport in the last shot? It is an amazing reflection.

Take care!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

wonderful trip,
and magics pictures,
especially the one with the old man walking aside the big car, and also, the "strange worship".
Still an incredible eye you have,
i really feel the atmosphere of your trip in Shangai through your pictures.
French fan of your blog,
sorry for my horrible english.

5:29 AM  
Blogger hugo poon said...

Thank you guys!!!:-)

Sam, I've just seen your Shanghai pics... so joyful my friend! Enjoy them much! My biggest regret this time was the lack of time and opportunity to take some night shots.:-( Yes, the last shot is the Pudong International Airport. I'm pretty impressed - it exceeded my expectations both aesthetically and functionally!

My French friend, the two pics you mentioned are definitely my favourites too!:-) Glad you also enjoyed the atmosphere... I was so drawn to it during my short stay in this wonderful city!

Happy Holiday Season!!!

Hugo

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

may i know how to get shoot like that.
wonderful trip. ;)

7:36 PM  
Blogger hugo poon said...

Thanks Larejawi for the kind words!
Happy Holdiday Season!:-)

Hugo

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home